Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slogging

I haven't shared publicly yet what I'm trying as a new fitness regime. I am finally trying Couch-to-5k. Since our JSL provisionals sponsored Girls on the Run a few years ago, I've been meaning to try the program, but haven't until now. I even did my days when we were on vacation last week, which I consider pretty dedicated.

My Maranatha family knows that I refer to what I'm doing as "slogging," short for slow jogging. It's definitely not running, and I think with all the walking mixed in, jogging even seems a bit lofty, so slogging it is.

Today I started week 3, and I got up early to do it before Stu leaves for work. I forgot about the door chime, and it went off not one, not two, but 4 times. (headphones, dog out, dog in, me out) Of course, it woke my early riser, Sam.

When I got back, he confessed that I woke him with all the beeping. I apologized and he said, "It's okay Mom. I understand the chaos of slogging." If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what would. What a great reason to keep going!

No comments: